Get engaged over the holidays? Best Wishes!
And, if you’re looking to tie the knot anytime soon, it’s time to get planning! A good place to start is selecting a venue in the season you wish to marry.
That will allow you to learn dates each place has available, enabling you to reserve the one that best suits you and your fiancé. To get started, here are the top five choices from the past few months of couples who chose to wed in the downtown area of Cleveland, OH:
- Metropolitan at the 9. This venue offers a contemporary selection of one-of-a-kind spaces for an unforgettable wedding. These include a breath-taking grand ballroom, a unique speakeasy in a bank vault and an outdoor patio with spectacular views of the Cleveland skyline. At the 9, couples can get wedding packages that include a professional wedding planner, cutting edge Wi-Fi connectivity, audiovisual equipment, blocks of rooms for out-of-towners, valet parking and customized catering.
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade. The Arcade was constructed in 1890. The Superior Avenue East facility offers sweeping backlit staircases, dramatic balconies and ornate fixtures. It is in close proximity to the East 4th Street Entertainment District. Other entertainment and sporting events are also within walking distance. On the main level, up to 220 guests can enjoy wedding festivities, with additional room for larger gatherings when the balcony is added, offering seating for 80 more. The structure’s domed skylight, glass paneling, “street lighting” and intricate brass railings, offer endless photo opportunities. The Hyatt wedding planning team can provide full-service planning packages including vendor coordination and timeline creation. Linens, beverages, and more are also a part of the hotel’s event package. Hyatt can even coordinate the rehearsal dinner, giving couples the convenience of hosting their wedding in one place.
- Ariel International Center. The International center is a historic 68,000 sq. ft. industrial building being developed by an all-woman and minority firm founded in 2001. Its central location for International businesses visiting and considering relocation to this region. Its international restaurant and shops showcase cuisines, music, gift items allow people to experience the richness and global diversity of NE Ohio. The events group handles not only destination wedding venues, it plans on-site weddings. The event area has an “urban loft” feel with expansive views of the lake and city. The exposed brick/ wood beamed ceiling and exquisite chandeliers are as stunning as the open rooftop balcony. Ariel Ventures also manages two other regional event sites – Ariel Pearl Center (a former Cleveland Trust bank branch) at the intersection of Pearl/Broadview Rds. and a 15-minute drive from public square, and Ariel on Broadway (a historic 55-room hotel and party venue in Lorain), about halfway between Cleveland and Sandusky Ohio. Ariel’s catering, valet parking, AV equipment and exquisite spaces are sure to make any wedding first class!
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. Here’s a venue that allows your imagination to run wild. There are four distinctly different venues available year around and the park’s wedding planner can share the highlights of each with couples. The Rainforest offers guests a lush tropical backdrop for a ceremony, seated dinner for 300 and dancing on tikki-thatched flooring. There’s also ample time to observe animals native to that climate at play. Primate Cat and Aquatics area allows wedding guests to dine close to glass-encased animal exhibits. The building is air-conditioned/heated and carpeted. It will comfortably seat 225. The Wade Hall & Deck offers a picturesque outdoor setting featuring the lake’s water fowl. It accommodates up to 125 seated guests on a wooden deck surrounding the pavilion which is typically set up for al fresco dining. Last but surely not least, is the Wolf Wilderness Lodge, looking much like a 19th century trapper’s cabin with a working stone fireplace (and an antler chandelier). It will seat up to 56 wedding guests, who can dine while watching the zoo’s Mexican Grey Wolf Pack as well as viewing beavers busy at work underwater.
- Cleveland Botanical Gardens. Celebrate special moments on your wedding day with a venue filled with vibrant color and sweet fragrance at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. This outdoor covered wedding site provides ample time for exploring the gardens as well as the museum–all located on East Boulevard. The site can handle seating for up to 250 wedding guests. The Botanical Gardens provide all event orchestration as well as innovative cuisine by its exclusive caterer, Bon Appétit.
Related Blog: Cleveland’s Top 5 Wedding Photo Locations
There are many more Cleveland wedding venues to exist, however all dates are booking quickly, so it’s important to lock down your site and service providers ASAP!