Photo taken by Alex Farmer. More of his work can be found here.
It’s almost here! What’s all the excitement about you say? NBA All-Star weekend starts Friday, February 18! For the first time in 25 years, the city of Cleveland will host the three day NBA All-Star Weekend at Rocket Mortgage Field House and the Wolstein Center. The weekend is jam-packed with events for basketball fans. (click here for event schedule). Limited tickets are still available for certain events, for details call NBA Experiences.
All-Star Weekend Transportation
Out-of-towners can avoid all the hassles of flying into the city’s main airport by using one of the city’s two private airports. Atlantic Aviation is a private jetport at Hopkins located near the NASA building. Burke Lakefront is on the waterfront and is just 1.8 miles from Rocket Mortgage Field House. Their private gate arrivals allow avoidance of crowds. What’s more each will assist you in obtaining luxury transport directly to NBA activities or your hotel via a chauffeured Platinum party bus.
Local fans can also take advantage of enjoying events at All-Star weekend in luxury by reserving a Platinum Party Bus. It will not only eliminate the hassles of:
- Finding parking
- Crowding and schedules of public transportation
- Dealing with major traffic jams and crazy impatient drivers.
If You Didn’t Get Tickets- You Can Still Enjoy the Events!
There’s no reason to feel left out, even if you missed getting tickets to your favorite fan fair events. Just gather together a group of friends and plan an NBA bar crawl at nearby neighborhood establishments! Most of the bars in and around town plan to host events around happenings at the All-Star Weekend. Here are a few places you and your crew may want to put on your All-Star party destination list:
- Harbor Inn Definitely a dive bar –the oldest in Cleveland and open since 1895 on West Bank of the Flats! Features cheap drinks, great bar food, darts, friendly people, and an attentive wait staff.
- Tremont Tap House This bar is a local favorite for a wide variety, typically 50 or more, of craft beers on tap as well as trendy food. Much of what’s served at the bar or from the galley is locally-sourced. Weekends there are freshly shucked oysters, while supplies last.
- Juke Box The vintage juke box isn’t the only thing that keeps this popular Ohio City hot spot rockin’. Check out their nightly events and the two newest additions to their menu, “mocktails” and stuffed shell-rogis.
- Mahall’s Located in Lakewood, this bowling alley/bar has been operational since 1924. It has undergone several renovations and owners, each expanding it to now offer special events, billiard/arcade games, party rooms, great bar food and more. It’s a great place to go with good friends and to make new ones.
Regardless of how you and your family or group of besties plan to take in NBA All-Star weekend, February 18-20. Remember, like the NBA tickets, top-of-the line limos, luxury party buses and nearby venues are limited, so plan/book ahead!