Winter holidays come but once a year, so don’t waste a minute! There are endless opportunities for holiday activities in Cleveland, Ohio! So, whether it’s with loved ones from here or yonder, it’s time you can’t afford to squander!
Here are some of our favorites for classic as well as unique venues to visit for a holiday to remember: (Note: items with an “*” will require pre-reservation or tickets).
Holiday Lights Specials:
- Cleveland’s Public Square lit up for the holidays November 27 and will be lit through early January. Many special events will be hosted there for the entire season. So check them out and make plans to go!
- Nela Park, headquarters for General Electric, will (for the 97th year) light up Nela Park for the holidays. The park is open 24/7 to walk through seven themed areas with over a million LED lights until January 3.
- Cleveland Zoo* “Wild Winter Nights” kicked off at the MetroPark Zoo on Nov. 27th and will offer walk thru and drive thru ticketing on select dates/times through January 2. Reservations for each are strongly encouraged. Those walking the park will find plenty of photo opportunities from lights to exhibits, to ice-carving, carolers and much, much more.
- Stan Hywet Hall * is offering tours of the historic mansion completed in 1915 for F.A. Seiberling (a co-owner of Goodyear Tire & Rubber). Select dates/times from now thru December 23 require reservations/tickets. Inside there will be a festive holiday décor including 25 decorated trees. Outside over a million lights will “dance” to a synchronized musical light show. Masks required.
- Suburban residences & public squares Wow! There are lots of communities that go all out to light their public squares, but a lot of families plan some pretty awesome displays, too!
Or for Adventure, You Must Go:
- Tobogganing at Mill Run (Strongsville)* Tickets are being sold as day passes only– $13 for adults, $11 for children (at least 42 inches tall). Bring gloves, they’re mandatory.
- Skiing at Alpine Valley* (Chesterland), Boston Mills & Brandywine* (Northfield). These Vail Resort properties offer plenty to do. There’s skiing, tubing, snowboarding lessons and ticketing that permits using multiple resorts in the same day.
- Snowshoeing in the Park* Just 30 minutes outside of Cleveland, the North Chagrin Reservation has snowshoe and pole rentals for use on any of its trails when there’s more than 4” of snow on the ground. To find out more click here.
And, to Find Entertainment That You Seek:
- Wicked* a Broadway musical, showing at the State Theater, through the end of this year is a real crowd-pleaser. The story, told from the perspective of the witches of the Land of Oz, shares their thoughts ranging from politics to shared love interests.
- Andrea Bocelli* An unprecedented Italian tenor, will perform at Rocket Mortgage Arena in Cleveland for one concert, Friday, December 3, 7pm. The event promises to exceed fan expectations, so don’t miss it!
- Hanukkah “Drive-in” at Legacy Village* Celebrate the last day of Hanukkah, the Jewish festival of lights, December 5, at Legacy Village’s Hanukkah “Drive-in”extravaganza! Doughnuts, snacks, and warm drinks will be served before a big screen airing a musical performance with Shira Kline.
- The Nutcracker by the Cleveland Ballet* Children and adults alike will find themselves captivated by the choreography, costumes and music at this year’s performance of the holiday classic, The Nutcracker. There are only five performances, so reserve tickets before they are gone!
Having family or out-of-town friends looking to experience holiday activities in Cleveland? Then it’s time to begin planning their most memorable day this holiday season. Reduce last minute stress. And then to make the day even more relaxing for all…consider reserving a Platinum Party Bus, so you all can visit and ride together without the hassles of traffic congestion or parking!