Since getting engaged, it’s been party, party, party. However, believe it or not, your party days have just begun! Now it’s time to select a date, venue, a photographer, a band, and let’s not forget a tasty “star” of the reception – the wedding cake. Many bridal couples are choosing to include their wedding party in tasting at wedding cake shops to help make the decision! Frankly, it can be like trying to “herd chickens” asking everyone to arrive at a certain place and time!
Consider everyone meeting up to board a party bus that will ensure timely transportation and enjoyment of the trip. Platinum Party Bus has a number of first-class vehicles, equipped with sofa-like seating, a bluetooth audio system, and a bar area with a cooler already filled with ice! Your chauffeur will have real-time data to track traffic tie-ups and toad construction so re-routing can occur to keep you on time for scheduled appointments. Click here for more information or to check availability and pricing.
A Few Wedding Cake Shops For Your Tasting List:
- Colozza’s Bakery in Parma, OH, offers a wide selection of sumptuous wedding cakes and pastries. Tastings are available by appointment only and can be made by clicking here. Customer favorites include Red Velvet with buttercream frosting, a moist date nut, and the Black Forest Torte. The bakery’s claim to fame is their world-class paczki’s that have been awarded the best in the state for many years.
- Wild Flour Bakery based in Rocky River, specializes in exquisite wedding cakes. The bakery has been in business since 1994, serving happy bridal couples for over a quarter of a century. Cake tastings are available via a sample box that is ready at the bakery at your convenience. They offer the complete experience with their plethora of wedding cake stands and additional bakery items to complete the sweet setup. Trust us when we say stopping at Wild Flour is a MUST!!
- Mockingbird Bakery in Kent, Ohio, is a “made-from-scratch” bakery. Their unique touch includes allergen friendly options including vegan and gluten free! Taste does not suffer even with a change of ingredients and is masked so well your guests won’t even know! After all the media’s publicity of the new business’ heart of gold, people in Ohio learned of their special allergen-friendly bakery and flocked to the fledgling shop. That in turn, earned them a “best of ranking by The Knot, a publication for brides-to-be.
- Lala Custom Cake located in Lakewood makes the tastiest cakes with a unique style. All cakes are made with local ingredients and recipes have been tested by wonderful members of the community. Customer favorites include” “Pecan Pie” (a spiced cake topped with pecan filling and cream frosting), “Cookie Dough” (white cake with nutmeg and “cookie dough tasting” frosting that’s sprinkled with lots of chocolate chips), and “Chocolate Lover” (chocolate cake with an espresso soak, chocolate ganache, and milk chocolate buttercream icing).
- Michael Angelo’s Bakery is based in Broadview Hts. and has a reputation for lovingly creating scrumptious buttercream iced cakes, pastries, and even chocolate covered sweets for Greater Cleveland. The family has been in business for over 20 years and has customers always coming back for more. Their reputation is undoubtedly great and past customers declare you won;t be disappointed with a wedding cake from Michael Angelo’s. Just like many of the fine bakeries mentioned in this blog, Michael Angelo’s has also been recognized by The Knot multiple times and is sought after by many brides-to-be.