Cleveland St. Patrick’s Day Parade
St. Patrick’s Day is almost here and in Cleveland we don’t just pretend to be Irish! According to the last fully-tallied US Census, our city ranks 8th in the nation for concentration of those with Irish heritage! The annual parade dates back to 1867 (178 years). It is expected to have 10M individual participants this year representing 100 organizations/groups. The Cleveland St. Patrick’s Day steps off at Superior/E. 18th on Thursday, March 17 at 1:04pm. It travels on Superior to E. 3rd St.
Wow! Now that’s a reason to party and throw back a few green beers! Whether you’re an organization participating in the parade wanting to travel together or wanting to gather a few friends together to watch the parade live and imbibe at some of the Irish pubs there, Platinum Party Bus can offer your group safety, luxury and some ideas of places to check out.
The Best Bars & Pubs in Town
Or, if you’d rather further explore the Irish’s migration west, check out some fine Irish brews or whiskey a little west of downtown. Fairview Park, Bay Village, Rocky River and Lakewood have larger concentrations of Irish than all other cities in Ohio, according to the census. And North Olmsted, Avon, Avon Lake and Westlake numbers aren’t far behind. There are some great Irish bars to experience and friendly locals to meet. So why not pull together some friends/family, get a Platinum Party Bus, and start planning your own St. Patrick’s Day in Cleveland! These are a few places you may like to try:
- Gunselman’s Tavern– Fairview Park, Ohio has the largest concentration of Irish in the state and Gunselman’s Tavern is the top bar in the city! Being around since the late 1800’s, you could definitely say the place is legendary!
- Barley House– Don’t miss out on the hype of St. Patrick’s day activities at one of the hottest spots in Cleveland! With an endless selection of draft beers and an awesome mennu, Barely House will never disappoint!
- Flat Iron Cafe– The Flat Iron Cafe has been a Cleveland Irish staple since 1910. On St. Patrick’s day, traditional Irish music done by Donal O’Shaughnessy will be taking place all day!
- Gormley’s Pub– Located in Rocky River, Ohio, Gormley’s pub is the perfect spot to enjoy a pint of beer and listen to live music.
- McGinty’s Pub– Their menu features 24 draft beers, catering to anyone’s taste and making it the perfect place to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
- The Hooley House– Being one of the most popular spots northeast Ohio, enjoy Hooley House at one of their four locations in Brooklyn, Mentor, Montrose, or Westlake! They’re known to have the best corned beef in town, awesome live music, and on St. Patrick’s Day their menu will feature green beer, as well as irish specialty cocktails and shots!
- Loco Leprechaun– A fan favorite in Westlake, Ohio is known for their traditional Irish options on their menu including their West Side Market Bratwurst, corned beef sandwich, and reuben burger.
- Merry Arts Pub and Grille– The city of Lakewood knows how to celebrate St. Patrick’s day! So, join the party at one of the city’s most popular Irish bars!
- Herb’s Tavern– Another popular bar in Rocky River, Ohio, Herb’s Tavern is known for their award winning burger! Their menu and fun environment is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day festivities!
Don’t wait. Buses are limited. Click here for more information on pricing and date availability. Then, have a safe evening out. “Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona duit!”